Warehouse supervisors oversee and coordinate daily warehouse activities: such as receiving and storing goods, managing inventory levels, ensuring the efficient delivery of goods, supervising staff, and securing the warehouse.
We are looking for an experienced warehouse supervisor to manage and oversee all warehouse activities, ensure efficient processes, and maximize warehouse productivity. The warehouse supervisor’s responsibilities include supervising employees, coordinating logistical processes, ensuring the quality of goods, and preparing relevant documentation.
To be successful as a warehouse supervisor you should be experienced in optimizing warehousing processes and be an effective team leader. An outstanding warehouse supervisor should be dependable and have excellent organizational and time management skills.
Warehouse Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Achieving high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees performance
- Organizing and maintaining inventory and storage area
Warehouse Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities.
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Checking orders, bills, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy.
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds.
- Coordinating and maintaining fleets and equipment.
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
Warehouse Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Degree in business, management, logistics or a related field preferred.
- Previous experience as a warehouse supervisor or a similar management position.
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse operations and management.
- Time management skills and the ability to delegate.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry software.
- Problem-solving skills.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate. Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years. Specific Skills: Train workers in duties and policies. Resolve work related problems. Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies. Prepare and submit reports. Establish work schedules and procedures. Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments. Arrange for maintenance and repair work. Co-ordinate, assign and review work. Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization.
- Location: 117 West 5th Avenue Vancouver, BCV5Y 1H9
- Salary: $$25.40HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Train workers in duties and policies
- Resolve work related problems
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Prepare and submit reports
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Co-ordinate, assign and review work
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees performance
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Interface with customers to answer questions or solve problems
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Supervisor
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration.