Set up in memory of Professor Mike Walker OBE, this scholarship is available for a full or part-time postgraduate student, with Home or International fee status, studying for one of the courses listed below, within the School of Engineering, Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
Professor Mike Walker OBE is a name synonymous with the Information Security Group (ISG) at Royal Holloway. Professor Walker’s enduring academic connection with Royal Holloway began in 1966 and he successfully completed his BSc in Mathematics, before becoming the second PhD student to be supervised by Professor Fred Piper, who founded the ISG with which Professor Walker was to have a lifelong association. He obtained his PhD in 1973.
Throughout his career in industry, Professor Walker maintained his keen interest for academic research and for many years he held the Vodafone chair as Professor of Telecommunications at Royal Holloway, as part of the ISG. In 2002, Professor Walker was instrumental in founding the ISG Smart Card Centre which continues today.
You must have achieved, or be on target to achieve, a minimum of a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent, and not have the financial means to undertake further study without this scholarship. You will need to clearly demonstrate this in the application.
You must have an offer to study for one of the following Royal Holloway Masters courses:
- MSc Information Security
- MSc Information Security with a Year in Industry
- MSc Computer Science by Research
- MSc Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Computational Finance
- MSc Data Science and Analytics
- MSc Machine Learning
- MSc Mathematics for Applications
- MSc Mathematics of Cryptography and Communications
Tuition fee reduction up to the value of £12,000 (if the tuition fee is less than £12,000 the scholarship will only cover the value of the tuition fee).
Applications must be submitted through RH Direct by 11.59pm (UK time) 11 July 2022. Applicants will be made aware of the outcome of their application after 26 July 2022.
- GREAT Scholarship for Bangladesh Students in UK
- Master in Business Administration 80% OFF your Tuition fee
- Engineering: Fully Funded MSc by Research at Swansea: Functional Construction Materials
- Beth Mead Scholarships for International Students at Teesside University
- INTO UEA Newton Scholarships for International Students in UK