All counselors are expected to have superior communication skills in English and ideally one other language. We prefer applicants who have spent time in and have acquired intimate knowledge of the locations where we travel. Experience working with 13- to 18-year-olds is a must. A giving, nurturing personality balanced with strong leadership skills and the ability to set limits is vital.
The success of our programs depends on communicating to our participants that they are welcomed and valued. We seek out flexible individuals who work well on a team, have great stamina, and are physically fit. A clear head in unusual circumstances and an ability to change roles quickly is important.
What we’re looking for:
– Passion for experiential learning, travel, and working with teens
– Experience working with youth (13-18 years old)
– Ability to perform as a role model, team-player mentality, responsible, independent problem solver
– Physical and mental stamina
– Willingness to work unusual hours with limited time off
- At least 21 years old
- Experience working with teens
- Able to commit to two summers
- Experience living, traveling or working in one or more of our destinations
- Able to attend a mandatory staff training weekend in May 20-22
- Accommodation compensated
- Flights compensated